Thursday 9 May 2019

Extended Practice - Animatic Final Clean-Up

After responding to the feedback that was given to me, I made a final pass on the clean up of the animatic. I also was able to put in all of the final backgrounds so that all the cuts make sense in relation to where the characters are in the frame. Here is my final animatic:


I am pretty happy with how this animatic turned out, there are some definite timing issues, however overall I think the work is solid. The backgrounds fit really well with the style of the animation.

What worked:

I think the framing and the movement is clear, I think it translates well for animation, and it has a clear narrative whilst following the basic cinematography rules. I think the drawing is clear, and the characters are separate to the point where it is clear who is doing what. The layouts I had in the original version of the animatic also helped the perspective of the backgrounds which come across really nicely with my style of drawing.

What could have been better:

I think some of the movement in this animatic overall is a little awkward, when I came to clean it up I seem to have changed some poses ever so slightly and that has broken some of the flow in some areas (in my opinion). I think sound will really help bring this to life, but that is something I will work in as I get further along with animating this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment