Sunday 5 May 2019

Extended Practice - Individual Background Specs

Although I had made a base background spec sheet, I still needed to make a spec sheet for each individual backgrounds, of which their ended up being 12 I needed. I made an individual spec sheet, and a map showing the camera for the scene which the background went with. This was the spec I sent to the background artist:




I included the layout used in the animatic, as well as showing the highest point which the character reaches, I did this so that the background artist would know to make the background larger than the standard 16:9 aspect ratio. There was also specifications like making the back 2 rocks on editable layers for fx animation to go on top of them and any parallax that may need to occur. 



This was the final background that was produced by the background artist for this project, based on my layout and specs. I will not show all 12 of the background on this blog for sake of time, but for consistencies sake I made a birds eye map of the area which the animation takes place in, so that it would be obvious where the camera is.

This is the map that was used for background 5, and there was a map for each specific background.

No comments:

Post a Comment