Sunday 21 April 2019

Extended Practice - Live Brief - Godzilla Talenthouse Artwork

For another of my live brief's, I decided to take part in the Talenthouse Godzilla : King of the Monsters artwork submission. I would usually choose an animation or storyboard brief to do, however as Godzilla is such an important topic for me, having inspired a lot of my creative endeavours.


This was the material I had to use for inspiration, so I chose to go with Godzilla facing off against King Ghidorah, which I had done storyboards of previously, and I felt comfortable that I could pull it off. This is the progression of my piece, from thumbnail to final piece. 



Overall I am really happy with how this turned out, and I used the titles provided by the competition, and submitted both versions, as you are allowed up to 8 submissions. I decided, in response to feedback to get rid of the fire behind on the buildings as it would be too distracting. I wanted some strong blue lighting as that seems to be the theme of all of the marketing for the movie. I do not usually go for a finished piece, and I feel like it works well, I am especially happy with the atmosphere of the piece, I will try and improve on my general drawing skills from here on, as I think it would look a bit more 3 dimensional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment