Wednesday 20 February 2019

Extended Practice - Starting my Project

After turning down the work on the music video project, due to missed deadlines, I started on my own project. The first thing that I did, was flesh out my own story, as I had the basic idea from the pitch, but it had no real substance. One thing I had to keep in mind was that I needed to keep it short, as I had less time than anyone else. So when writing it out, I cut out a lot of stuff from the initial story idea.






This was the document that I put together to tell my story. It included my initial mood board and also the initial story idea which I had come up with in my planning stage. In consideration of my time left, I needed to split the story up into separate parts. So I set it up as the main fight scene, which would be my main animation, and the story set up, which in my mind was integral to the story, but not necessary for it to make sense. Therefore I wanted to make this my plan for the rest of production time, so that in the chance that I could not get the animation done in time, I could split it into the two sections and have the fight scene stand on it's own. 

My next stage from here was to make the script, as it is a necessary part of production, and is incredibly useful to storyboard from.

 

This was the script that I put together using my story overview. From here I decided to ask for feedback from my peers which lead to me revising the script to make some shots a bit more clear, and to help the flow of the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment