Wednesday 6 March 2019

Extended Practice - Loop de Loop

For Extended Practice, we are required to undertake 4 live briefs, in which we effectively respond to a live competition or brief currently ongoing outside of University. As my storyboarding for other people is now completed, I decided to move on to my first live brief. The live brief I undertook first was for Loopdeloop, an online animation challenge in which you create a looping animation based on a word. This month the word was "pig".

I started with this basic proof of concept, and I decided to make an animation in which a Pig is continuously hungry and wants to eat apples, purely as a comedic little animation. I knew I wanted to include a lot of squash and stretch with this, and really break the design of the Pig.


From there I made my quick animatic, this took me a day to do, as I wanted it to be as clear as possible, and as I was animating it myself, I knew all I had to do was essentially set my own key frames. I am happy with how the animatic turned out, it reads well and ended up being very close to the animation. 



This was the final looping animation, I am proud of how it turned out. I think the squash and stretch works very well, and the animation is cohesive and fun. I like how the colours turned out also, they match the proof of concept very well, and the red shadows and line-work really add a lot to the aesthetic. As it stands the video is view-able from the Loopdeloop website. 



Above is how the video looks on the loopdeloop website.

No comments:

Post a Comment