Thursday 11 April 2019

Extended Practice - Clean-up Tests

As I was waiting for feedback, I decided to start cleaning up the shots which I was the most happy with, as I was pretty confident in them, and I also had backgrounds for them already.

I used shot 1 as my starting point for this, of which I started by adding in and lining up the background where it needed to go.  This is that test: 


The background works incredibly well and really elevates the scene, the background artist stuck to my layout beautifully and it really helps bring the characters to life. I was so happy with this when the background was in that I decided to clean up the rest of the shot just to have it done. Here is that version: 


I am incredibly happy with how this shot turned out, I think it really adds a lot to the shot having his hair in, and also giving him the expression as it gives a sense of character. The same goes for the monster, adding in some facial detail makes him a lot more aggressive and the subtle mouth openings make him feel more alive. Ultimately I am happy with this shot, and I do not have to do anything more with it now, so I will move on to finishing off the other shots when I have gotten some feedback on how they could be improved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment