Thursday 11 April 2019

Extended Practice - Storyboard Progression 3

After the crit session last week, I had pointed out to myself that there needed to be some amendments to my animatic, such as flipping shots to make the flow of the story more coherent. I have also now finished what I am calling the "rough pass" of my animatic, which I will send off for feedback from some of my connections from PP. I will also try and get feedback from my class so that I can make sure it reads well before I start making a clean pass. I will start a clean pass of the first shot as I am confident in it, and I do not want to change it as I personally think it works well enough on it's own.

This is my rough pass:



I am quite happy with how some of this has worked out, I have forgotten to flip the close up shots of the monster here so it is making those cuts look pretty jumpy, which I will amend this coming week. I have the bliss of being able to take my time on this animatic, as if it were a longer film, I would have had to have a final rough pass by this stage. I also want to work on fixing up the ending shot, as I think it could be amended to give a little more emphasis on the monsters death, as there is a long build up with little pay off, so I think I could push that a little more.

I am also wondering whether the cut at around the 06:05 mark to the landing shot needs an insert shot first, as it may be causing a little bit of a jump in the cut. The ending shot also may be a little too similar to the opening shot in terms of how he moves, so I feel that that could be amended to read a little better for the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment