Wednesday 1 February 2017

French Horn, It Continues...

FLIPPING THE WORDS

Another week gone, another week of French Horns to draw, if I am completely honest, I have had more fun completing briefs before... none the less, I Have had more time to think, and more time to develop some ideas relating to the French Horn project for Visual Language. I made some fair old progress this week, and an idea of what to do for my storyboard is starting to formulate relating to my own feelings on this topic.

Progress

My main takeaways for this week included the thinking of "if I flip the words, it makes 'horn French'" which immediately made me think of "Horny Frenchman" naturally. From here I made 3 drawings, all of which are weird, and I did limit myself to 3 so it didn't become even weirder than it already was. These can regrettably be seen below:




Movie Soundtracks

When I thought more about movie soundtracks, my thoughts jumped to some classics as "Jurassic Park" and "Batman". So I decided to incorporate these into my 24 drawings by including some photo shopped images of some classic posters reimagined but with a French Horn added to the mix. Different Mediums were encouraged for this brief, and if I had spare money, I would have like to do some pastel and water colour drawings, however with the limited mediums I have, I will have to deal with this by substituting physical mediums for digital mediums instead, not ideal, but I have to work with the mediums at my disposal.



















French Animals  

I am honestly not sure how it came to this, I just started grasping at straws desperately and thought of animals with horns and making them French, which is when I found out that the Laughing Cow is a French Product, and Frenched up the logo a tad, I'm not sure if this counts towards my 24 drawings in all honesty because I edited something and drew over the top, I am certainly hoping it does, because I am incredibly stuck for ideas.




The French Busker

For my storyboard idea, I wanted to tell the story of a sad French busker playing a horn in central Paris, I thought this was a safe idea, because this brief is sending me into a block at every single turn, and making me wish I had better ideas for this, because I do not think I have had any Ideas which I am happy with.



No comments:

Post a Comment