Wednesday 1 February 2017

Character Design - Starting the turn around

I just about knew what I wanted my character to look like fully, so I did a few a3 drawings of my character so that I could get a better grasp for how he fit together as a character. When Starting the turn around, I decided to look at turn a round's that other animators have done before. doing this I looked at Batman: The Animated Series, Young Justice and Justice League the cartoon shows. I chose all of these to look into because of them being easily accessible online such as on instagram. I decided to do a quick t pose of my character, not including the one I had already done which was required, just to see how he would form on the turn around. I started by doing an under layer turn around where it was only his very basic shape, and then build on top of it with a line turn around.

This is the turn around before it was coloured, I am quite happy with this even though the scarf is off in 1 frame, apart from that, it serves it's purpose incredibly well, and I am probably most proud of the way the facial shape changes as he turns.




No comments:

Post a Comment