Wednesday 1 February 2017

CHARACTER DESIGN!!!


NEW BRIEF

So I am finally excited about a brief for Visual Language, it is character design. Character design is something which I love to do, and the brief requires us to base our character on the places in which we did our environments. Immediately my thoughts go to a homeless person for the dark arches. My first step was to design basic shapes and make them abstract. With just simple shapes it is easy to get a simple body shape for a character, my shapes of choice were a circle, and 2 rectangles, as I thought this would be easiest to morph into the shape of a young child.











These were some development sketches of my character, there is no face yet, or even bodily shapes, there is however the addition of a scarf shape which is obvious. I decided that because of where he lives, the dark arches, he should have something that signifies keeping warm. When I created this character, I made his backstory first, by giving him the name of "Theo" who lives in the dark arches. Theo is only 10 years old, and I decided to have him run away from a bad orphanage, so he could have the look of being homeless in the dark arches. Below are some of the development sketches of my character without the facial features and the such as of yet. I have not yet decided on the look I want to give him, but these I think are a good starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment