Thursday 18 May 2017

Applied Animation - Maya Animation

We had another study task to animate using the Maya timeline, which I quite enjoyed doing, however I ran into some problems using the graph editor, however I think it worked out ok in the end, as some of the technical problems were not my fault altogether.

1. Pendulum

This pendulum went quite well, however I had trouble getting the easing in and out down, due to the graph editor not working the same way everyone else's was, I am not sure why this was as it should have changed when I edited the graph, but it just didn't.


2. Bouncing balls

Only one of these balls was supposed to have squash and stretch, however it just didn't look right to me just having a static ball going up and down, so I decided to add squash and stretch to both of them anyway. I am happy with how these turned out because of the squash and stretch.


3. Articulated Pendulum

This is where things really went wrong with Maya, again, the animation graph editor just didn't work the same as my class mates did and therefore I was not able to get the correct follow through and secondary action that everyone else has.


Overall I am really happy with the animation in Maya, I think it clicked quite well with me, and I really enjoyed the ease of the key frames and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment