Wednesday 17 May 2017

Applied Animation - Rotoscoping

I decided that it would be a good idea to rotoscope my caveman, this was to make the movement more realistic, and make sure he moves in the way I want to, and it would take me too long to map out myself for the movement.

This is the video I took, using my team mate as a reference, he used a bottle as a replacement for the caveman's torch in his hand, so that I could get the hand placement down on the actual video.

This is the rotoscope I took of the reference video, obviously I changed some stuff with it, and he is a little slidey because I have made the video move and bigger in areas. This is only the outline, and I am going to draw over this with the actual caveman. I am however quite happy with how this turned out, it could be better and there is things I would change, however I have 2 more Idents to do after this one, so I need to get a move on and keep on animating as it is for now, and make any tweaks after they are all done. I will also try and make it better using camera movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment