Wednesday 16 May 2018

Jack the Ripper - A New Project

I knew towards the end of the last project what I wanted to do, so before ending the burger king project, so I decided to enlist the help of 2 of the people in my class, one of which being my director on the last project, on the understanding that this would be my project and I would be the director. I chose these people specifically due to their great work ethic, and for their skills.

For the project I will be pitching I will be doing a Jack the Ripper documentary, specifically on 1 case which would be the 2nd murder on the night of the "double event" Catherine Eddowes. I wanted to do this case as it was the most influential of the murders overall on the Police, and the whole thing happened in around 10 minutes. I had the idea of doing it in kind of a wanted poster kind of way, but I didn't know how to pull this off. So my team mate offered the suggestion of turning into a newspaper format, which would allow us to work in a lot more.


From this I made this proof of concept for the other 2 to work from. As one of them was assigned backgrounds, and the other was assigned asset creation and animation. For this we knew we had to do a lot of research, so we made a list of possible people to contact, some documentaries to watch and some books to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment