Wednesday 16 May 2018

Jack the Ripper - Finished

A cut of the film exists with a female voice actress in the form of one of our tutors Dotty. However I found that the female voice was too soft, and did not fit with the aesthetic with what I wanted from the film. Originally I wanted no voice over, however I agreed with the feedback that it was too distracting. Therefore we enlisted the help of a first year by the name of Zhama to voice over our animation.

This voice was far more fitting, his London accent and deep delivery was a far better fit for the tone of our animation, I matched the levels with the rest of the audio whilst my team mate fixed the positioning of the frame so that it was all centred. There was also some timing issues which were fixed, so it added an extra 20 seconds on to the end of our animation including Zhama's credit. Due to wanting to upload the final short to festivals, I will not be uploading the final animation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment