Wednesday 16 May 2018

Jack the Ripper - New Script, Richard Jones and the Type

At the end of last week myself and my team mate conducted a skype interview with Richard Jones, an authority in the Jack the Ripper case who has co published many documentaries and books, as well as hosting the London Jack the Ripper tour. This was an incredibly insightful experience where we were able to gain some expert advice on how to change our documentary to make it better and more accurate with our information. I had a set of questions I asked which were answered with incredibly detailed responses.

1. Do you think there was anything else the Police could have done?
2. Which were the largest newspapers at the time and which one had the most impact on the case?
3. In terms of wider impact, how significant do you think the Eddowes case was to the Ripper murders?
4. What enticed you into looking into Jack the Ripper to begin with?

Due to the great insite we were able to gain from our interview with Richard Jones, I updated the script in order to adapt the story of our animation.


The script has now been edited to account for these changes. 

As well this week I had put myself on to type research, which I did by looking into fonts used during the time and I tried to match the font in the best way possible using many font websites and also the adobe typekit. I spent a long time pouring over old news articles in order to match the font as best as possible. In the end I ended up with a typekit font called "Mrs Eaves Roman All Petite Caps"

This is an example of the text, which is going to be used for the title page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment