Wednesday 16 May 2018

Jack the Ripper - Research Time

Now that we had pitched my idea to the rest of the class, and been given the go ahead of approval, over this easter I had set stuff for the group do. For this I knew we need a schedule to stick to so that we were all aware of what was going on.


This schedule includes my Director notes on it, on each week for the other 2 I have notified them on what they can be doing if they should finish early, as well as some wider expectations on what they should be doing specifically in the weeks. For example on the layout section of Oliver's, it says:

"Using my storyboards i'd like you to make the full layout for the final outcome, I don't imagine this will take all week, but i'd like these to be in depth, so if the rough layouts get done you and myself will work on getting the textures and stuff down to overlay the animation on to.
Also in this layout section, i'd like for you to add in some space for of the time ads which can be input into the corners of pages so we can make it feel authentic" (the screenshot was too small to put in without being pixelated).

My next stage was to do the research so that I could plan out the story so that I could script in the most factual way possible. For this I used a few different sources. Firstly I used 3 books which I had been reading before the project.


These books were incredibly useful in introducing me to the story of Jack the Ripper. My next sources were the documentaries, which I will link down below: 

Jack the Ripper tour Documentary  ( this one was written by one of the people we want to contact. 



All of these documentaries proved an interesting watch and were easy to follow. I want to use some of these as reference points into ours to be so formal and easy to follow. 

My next point of research was to look at the casefiles website which exists for Jack the Ripper. The case has such a following that people have set up this page to include all the facts and news articles which have ever existed on him.


This has been the most useful link of all, as it explains the timeline perfectly and gives a lot of information about the case itself and the wider context. 



No comments:

Post a Comment