Wednesday 16 May 2018

Jack the Ripper - Putting it Together

This week, the final version of the camera motions and everything were finished and I was happy to call it a finished film, for the final crit. I spent a long time on the sound considering it, after originally intending to use some music from youtube, I was worried there would be a copyright issue which would mean that we could not submit it to any sort of festivals if I so choose to.

 Originally Considered Music - This is the music I was originally considering for the animation, which my teammates approved of, however I took the decision as Director of this project not to use this, as my concern for copyright was too great. So I took to a website I trust called bensound which allows for use on some music as long as they are credited.


This is an in progress shot of the sound with me adjusting levels for individual segments so that it is not too loud, some sound effects reach the red level however these are quieter sounds and even with headphones on the sound is not too intrusive. 



THE PROBLEM

In presenting in the crit session, the class as a whole determined that it was in desperate need of voice over, as the text is too intrusive of the animation so that you do not pay attention to 1 if you are looking at the other, so we now have to very quickly find a voice actor for the final cut of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment