Wednesday 7 December 2016

ANIMATION: A NEW BRIEF

AN ANIMATION TASK

Thoughts on this new task

Although I am busy at work on visual language with the 24 drawings brief, I immediately started working on ideas for the new animation task we have been set. Which is a 10-15 second animation portraying a word of choice from a list. Immediately my eyes were drawn to love, longing and fear of the words, as all 3 I could relate to.

As soon as I thought of longing, I thought of someone longing after someone after seeing them for the first time, and longing to talk to them. And I had an idea immediately to base the entire animation around the idea of sitting on a train, because that is somewhere this situation would arise, and it also a setting I am familiar with and could easily experience myself. My idea in my head was so strong that I dropped everything I was doing to start working on initial sketches and doing research into train carriages and different styles which would make the situation work.


My idea

The idea that I had, is a guy sitting on a train, and seeing a girl, who smiles at him, and blushes,  the girl then leaves the train leaving the guy reaching after her in a longing pose. The way I envisioned this, was on the London underground, where the seats face each other, therefore making the idea work. This would also mean that the area would be quite crowded and therefore I want to have a definitive feature on each of the characters, at the moment I am thinking of having the hair of the main 2 characters be a significantly different colour which would make them stand out to the crowd, this will probably end up being either pink or blue.

Potential Problems

Even before starting any designs for this animation, it does feel very complex already, however I feel as this it is a solid concept, capable of showing the emotion I want, so I want to challenge myself and see if I can pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment