Monday 5 December 2016

Side Post - The idea change behind the 24 frame Animation

My Original Idea

The original Idea I had for "strike a pose", (the 24 frame animation which shows an object moving from one place, to another) was to make an egg fall over and hatch out a little chick, or at least have the implication of this.






This is the original behind frame map for the 24 frame animation where I was deciding where the key frames should go. However, I quickly decided against this idea, as I wasn't too sure of where everything should go and I wasn't passionate about the idea at all, it was only an idea because I had to make it an idea, which personally I hate doing, so I decided to move on to something a little closer to my interests.


This was the idea for my 2nd attempt at the 24 frame animation, It showed a character, Batman, jumping from one rooftop to the other. I was more passionate idea, as character design is something I love, and making characters move is something I am eager to learn. My concern for this, was the timing, and the complexity of the character moving and jumping as my first lone animation. Therefore I decided to zoom into the animation and make it a walk cycle instead.

This was what became of the Batman walk cycle, which would eventually change, but I was pleased with this idea, as it was simple, and drawing Batman over and over was no challenge, however the problem arose when I added in a head turn and over complicated everything again, therefore the idea changed again.










The idea then changed to a walk cycle of Link from the Legend of Zelda series. I really enjoyed this idea, and I was happy with the drawing overall, however this was too complex as well as it would involve a lot of components moving, and for my first proper animation I decided to again change the idea, however I would like to return to this idea in the future and try it again. It was becoming ever closer to the brief deadline however so I decided to go for something super simple. Which evolved into the final animation which is shown and explained on the previous post.






















No comments:

Post a Comment