Wednesday 7 December 2016

ANIMATION - THE START OF AN ANIMATION


STARTING TO ANIMATE

Re-storyboard

To re - start this animation, I started drawing up some quick background ideas, which would set the basis for my final animation. As I have changed my idea, I needed to completely redo all the backgrounds and revamp the story. I know I shouldn't change my idea, as there is a long period of the time for this brief already gone, however I feel as though the animation will be stronger if I change this up, as the background is based on an area of where I used to live in Australia, therefore it was closer to me.



Background tests



When starting my backgrounds, I had to decide on the aesthetic of what I wanted the background to be, so I decided to draw up 2 different ones. 1 decided to go with 1 very clean, and 1 which was very sketchy. I knew I would be animating in sketchbook pro, and therefore I could choose which one to implement and when. Overall I was more impressed with the top one, as I believe the lighting in general was better, and went for the general feel that I was going for. The way the backgrounds were done, is using reference from google maps, as I cannot visit the area anymore, and also using the quick sketch and sketches on my storyboards for this animation. The 2nd one on this had a sort of fish eye effect, which I really enjoyed and therefore may go back and visit at a later date.






No comments:

Post a Comment