Tuesday 6 December 2016

The Tale of the Storyboards


Storyboards

The task of the storyboard, was to think of a nursery rhyme, and present it, as a storyboard, with matching visuals for the rhyme itself. There was no limitations to how we presented this, in terms of style or tone, we were given a free reign on most things. Therefore I chose to do Baa Baa black sheep, with a twist. In my opinion it would have been too obvious to just go with the classic tale of baa baa black sheep without updating it, and giving it my own personal twist. So I decided to take a more dark and sinister approach with it, almost like a horror movie, whilst still staying true to the rhyme. To start this I searched up the rhyme, and started to make some initial sketches as to where I wanted the storyboard to go. I started with sketches of the sheep, trying to figure out how I would make a small innocent little sheep look sinister.



This is the original concept that I came up with. this had 3 images of a sheep, a long with a quick sketch of a character that would be talking to the sheep in the setting.

Along the lines, I thought about making the sheep some sort of black market dealer, with, stereotypically in movies, are usually smoking, sitting behind a desk, in a large warehouse, so I decided to give these features to the sheep, in some sort of anthropomorphist way which would make the sheep a little bit more human.








After deciding on my general story, the next step was to decide on how the story would look visually. The best way to do this, was to draw it out roughly using post it notes and then put it up on the wall so that I could see where each drawing would go in terms of the animation. Having now drawn out all of the post it notes, I can start drawing up my storyboard in full. I plan to do this digitally, however I will decide which looks better at the time with a few simple tests. I also know that I want to make use of shadow to make the scene more sinister and dark than the original nursery rhyme.



No comments:

Post a Comment