Wednesday 7 December 2016

ANIMATION: RETURN OF THE CHARACTER

CHARACTER DESIGN AND STORYBOARD?

After messing around with backgrounds and character design some more, I decided it was about time to start storyboarding my animation. I knew generally how I wanted it to play out, and the type of shot I wanted to use, however I knew pulling them off was going to be hard, so having a storyboard would definitely help with this. 





This was the basic storyboard which I mapped out for my animation. With this, I tried to explore the vibrancy of the colour in the character's hair, and play around with different shots which would make my animation interesting. I really liked the way this storyboard turned out, and I would love to say that I kept to this however..

The problems occurred...

My own worst enemy, is myself, as I overthink things, and therefore have a tendency to change my idea. I like the concept of my idea, however, I wanted to change my designs and the setting of the animation from a train, to a bus, and the characters to be younger looking do they were easier to draw. I thoroughly believe in my original idea, however, I feel as though the animation might be stronger if it has a more simplistic art style.



This is the new direction I want to take my characters. I have made them look younger, I have given them faces for more emotion, whilst still maintaining the minimalist detail in their appearance. I feel as though this will make the animation far easier to animate. I will now re- storyboard my animation going into the weekend, and then produce an animatic of it so that I can start the animation itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment