Wednesday 15 March 2017

Character Design

Designing my character

Before I started my storyboard for this animation, I wanted to have a character sheet for my main character, who I have dubbed as "Marvin". My middle aged "average joe" type character who is having the BBQ with the annoying neighbour kid throwing balls at him. I have also been considering whether or not this kid should be purposefully throwing the balls or not, and how I would portray this,


This was the character sheet I came up with for Marvin my character. I did a couple of different designs for him with a few expressions and colour palette's. At first I started with basic shaping, using circles and rectangles, then following that up with a design for each of these. However, the design I made at the end for the colours, was a sort of mix between the 2, in which he is slightly fatter around the waist but altogether holds his shape as a rectangle as was his guideline. I thought of the few general expressions I would need before animating and came up with the 4 at the bottom. I liked the amount of expression he has in the bottom right hand drawing. I also chose the blue vest as his final colour scheme as the pale white skin and faded blue add to his middle aged average joe character.

No comments:

Post a Comment