Wednesday 15 March 2017

Pixilation

Pixilation 


This was the final pixelation I came up with, it shows a an inanimate object, which is something I wanted to explore from the start. However it turned out slightly different then I had anticipated. Originally I had wanted to use a hoodie rather than a blanket like coat, however I think it still worked out ok, if anything I think it maybe made the object a bit too flat when it was on the floor, if it had been a thick hoodie it would have been a bigger mound on the floor. This may have added more depth to the pixilation. I also imagined it at first being a serious "anime" esk jump scene where the person teleports using the hoodie, however it ended up being a more comedic effect where the clown type character comedically jumps and poses from place to place. 

The struggles I had during this pixilation came from the position I had the camera in, and where it was placed to gain my desired shot. I was positioned on the stairs and in front of a door so I had to keep moving the camera to let people past, which leads to some jumpy shots during the pixilation. During this, With the shot of the coat falling and going downstairs, we had to keep dropping and throwing the coat down the stairs, which could not be replicated one throw after another, so it took a long while to be able to get the desired effect using a single shot camera. 


No comments:

Post a Comment