Wednesday 15 March 2017

My Humour

In my research into comedy, I figured the next step was to look into what I find funny, and the cartoons that have me consistently laughing. Consistency in humour I think is the most important thing, if you are only funny with a comedy show 50% of the time I don't think it can be considered a success, as it is missing it's own points.

The Simpsons

I think "The Simpsons" is the perfect representation of a humorous series that has people consistently laughing in different ways all the time. Through a mixture of techniques it shows that an animation can be funny in many different ways. I was watching an episode of The Simpsons last week which gave me an idea which I wanted to work off of in my own funny animation. One of the words we got given to give us a starter to the animation, was "Neighbours" and there is no funnier neighbour duo than Ned and Homer from "The Simpsons". In this particular skit Homer and Bart are not seen but we can hear them throwing balls over the garden fence at an increasingly angered Ned who then proclaims "will you stop chucking balls over my fence" at which point it is Bart himself who is thrown over the fence. I found this skit really funny because it really went against what the audience was expecting to happen and obviously could not happen in a real life situation. After fruitless searching, I cannot find the clip I am talking about, however it gave me an idea revolving around neighbours and balls being thrown over the fence which could be spun in a different manner with a significant twist at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment