Saturday 9 March 2019

Extended Practice - Board Test and Story Overview

During the thumb-nailing stage, I was unclear on how the movement of the main character would work. Therefore I took to storyboard pro purely to test the movement of the character and camera. 


This page shows the shot in question, that I was struggling with. As is shown he uses the monsters head to project himself up and flips around to then aim his gun at it. I was unsure how this movement would work in an animated setting so I had to make a test for this. 


I have very quickly added camera movement in to this test as well, and it looks a little all over the place because I have not lined it up properly or added any sort of ease or timing to it, however I think the test was successful as it made it clear to me how to handle the movement of the scene. I think the movement looks quite dynamic, bearing in mind that this is using Storyboard Pro's own movie player and has not been timed properly, which I will do in Premier when the time comes to make the full animatic. As is stands at the time I have made this test I am in still in the thumb-nailing stage. 

From here I wanted to test whether my story worked with what I wanted to achieve this time, through thumbnails as opposed to taking it to storyboard pro without the proper considerations happening first. 


For this pass I decided to make a condensed thumbnail page from which I could see the whole story in front of me without having to flip through different pages of thumbnails. From here I will take it into Storyboard Pro as I believe it is at a place where I am happy with the shot choices and dynamic action happening. I will undoubtedly make small revisions here and there when I come to the final pass as there will be some things that do not work with in proper perspective. However for now I am happy with how the story looks. It is also a lot less shots than the original version, which will mean less backgrounds. It also means I can cut some character's who were probably unnecessary in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment