Saturday 9 March 2019

Extended Practice - Storyboard First Pass

I had my thumbnails, and gained some feedback on them, so that other people could give suggestions as to how to make the shots better. Getting feedback from other departments is a common practice in industry therefore I thought it was necessary for me to do this also using my peers. From there I took to Storyboard Pro to create the first draft of my own storyboards.


When carrying out this storyboard, I kept the action safe area on, purely to keep in mind the action that was happening so that it was in view for the audience. I also included a rule of thirds grid so that I could make sure that the framing was always absolutely clear. I wanted to make sure that this storyboard was my best storyboard so far, so I have taken quite a bit of time making sure that every aspect is right. Saying this however I have taken considerably less time than is industry standard to get to this point in the storyboard. Also at 36 seconds so far I am on track for my desire for the project to come out to just around a minute.

From here I will try and get feedback on what I have so far, and go from there. I think there are some improvements to be made in terms of the movement characters and the performance could be stronger. I am also concerned that I am at 36 seconds and I am yet to hit the action. My goal with this was to create a dynamic fight scene with a lot of good solid camera movement and character performance, and I am not sure this is translating to screen as it stands here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment