Wednesday 20 March 2019

Extended Practice - Storyboard Progression

This past week I have spent on a finished, more polished version of my own project, with a lot more thought in the shot pacing and the dynamic angles which it relies on heavily to keep it entertaining. I have finished the first 2 shots for it, and now that I am fully in the swing of it, my workload should increase exponentially per week, as I know more or less how I am pacing everything.


I am very happy with how this board is taking shape. It is a readable board with a lot of consideration for the action and also with consideration for the next stages of production. I have added details where there needs to be of tradigital VFX, with the smoke from the explosion, the dust from the monster's feet and the main character's gun. I have also added clearly the camera movements, which are going to be essential to the background artist for the sizing of their document, so that it stays high quality and does not become pixelated when zoomed in for example.

Overall I am happy with how the storyboard is turning out, however my productivity has been much slower on this as I am taking a lot of time making it polished, when I should be taking the time to make it readable first, and then going back and cleaning it up afterwards. This is something I will focus on going forward, making sure I maintain a professional workload per week, and making sure I meet my own deadlines and stay on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment