Saturday 9 March 2019

Extended Practice - Thumbnails

After finishing my script, it was time to start storyboarding my project. I started with a series of thumbnails with notes attached to easily visualise my story in short so that I could decide on the dynamic camera angles which I wanted to achieve. I was quite thorough with my own thumbnails, as I wanted the framing to be perfect, and I knew I could spend more time on them as it was for my own project. Although I had a cut off point in my animation time, I knew I was going to thumbnail out the entire script and storyboard it all anyway, just because I wanted to see how the story worked overall.






I was happy with how the thumb-nailing process turned out. I prefer to thumbnail on paper as it gives me a lot more loose freedom to play around with quick drawings. As is shown in my thumbnails, there are a lot of sections crossed out, with many notes next to them detailing how a shot will work and whether it needs to be altered or scrapped completely because it does not add anything to the scene.  From here my next stage is to start a rough pass using Storyboard Pro. I have decided to do this on Storyboard pro to increase my usage professionally, as it is the industry standard tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment