Sunday 10 March 2019

Extended Practice - Hostel World Storyboards

After deciding on the basic layout of our story, and knowing how we wanted to handle the advertisement using the brief and our own research, I started with the storyboard. We had made some basic sketches on what we wanted to do, so I based my storyboards on this.


This was the base sketch that I had made before any sort of designing or research happened, with an idea of how to round off the advert. Overall we decided to limit the character's to 3, as it was the general advertising rule of thirds, which we decided would work better. Also, with the time limit, it would be better to limit the amount of animation we had to do. From here I put together the backgrounds that we had of our chosen hostels, and split them like this to form a final sort of frame for me to work off with the storyboards.


This was the final frame I put together using the background designer's 3D environments. There is some framing issues but I figured that this was suitable for the storyboard at least, and could easily be fixed.


This was the animatic I put together. As with all of my more current storyboards, I considered the "action safe" area, as well as taking into account the clarity of drawing and the framing. I used the 3D assets to correctly get the framing as close as it could possibly be to the final animation. It stands at 30 seconds so that it fits with TV advertising timings, as this was designed as a TV advert. I was ultimately happy with how the animatic turned out, I think it utilises the 3D assets well. The next stage from here will be to split up the shots and to find a source of music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment