Tuesday 16 January 2018

Colouring - A change of Shadows

Over this week I have continued to colour the animation, this grows increasingly harder as we progress due to the fact that every single shot has double the amount of colour frames as linework frames, due to there being both colour and shadow layers. For example shot 19, which I coloured this week as well as a plethora of other shots has 60 frames, meaning there is 120 frames of colour, 60 for colouring, and 60 for shadows. I am enjoying figuring out how the shadows will react with the lantern the gnome is holding, and overall it adds a lot to the animation with the lighting. It makes it feel a lot more dramatic and gives the animation a lot more visual interest.

This shot which I have coloured this week, shot 19, is a 360 degree shot and the longest shot of the animation. This shot was an idea which I pitched right at the start in one of our first group meetings. It is a shot I was really passionate about, due to timings of each shot and workload, I was unfortunately not able to animate it, however doing the colouring I was able to add my own personal flare whilst adding to my teammates animation.




Here are a few other shots I have coloured and shadowed this week, one of them was from the rocky area, and therefore had red shadows. Shot 19 has a pitch black background so therefore he has black tinted shadows. I wanted to give him these tints because I thought it added a lot to the idea that he was in different areas in the animation.



I also coloured the rest of the shots from the first scene so that we could composite our completed first scene together.  As they are in the forest area, they  have purple tinted shadows. 







No comments:

Post a Comment