Sunday 14 January 2018

My turn to Background

I have a total of 3 Backgrounds to do, and I knew this would take me a fair while because I had to match the amount of detail that my team mate had been doing in hers. I had 1 layout to work from and 1 I had to make up myself, all 3 of these took me the week, which I think has put me behind in my colouring and makes me question if I will finish in time.

This was the rough I did using the original layout for this background.

This was the result of this layout. This took me about 2 days to finish.


I am so proud of this, I feel like it definitely feels cold and does its job well, I used a lot of different brushes and techniques in this which I had not used before. I feel like the fog adds a lot to it, and it saddens me that this will mostly be covered up by a lot of snow and fog.


This is the rough I did over the original background so I could see where everything is. I am going to try and recapture the same feel of sheer cold that I did in the previous background. 


 This was my second background, it is a lot closer up, and there is still a lot of fog, which is kind of the point because he is running into the fog. I feel like this one is not quite as successful as the last one, but it still does its job well.


This was the last of my set of backgrounds, this is probably my least favourite because it is a top down shot, this was very quick to do but it is not as successful because there is not enough of an establishing backdrop to make it feel the same

No comments:

Post a Comment