Wednesday 17 January 2018

Talk this way - Lip Sync

For this study task it asked us to create a lip sync a long with an audio track which was already provided for us. I chose a 5 second audio track which I thought would add a lot of emotion to my phonemes I had to make to create the sync. I enjoyed making the mouth shapes using the reference pictures which were also provided. I found this task to be a challenge because I usually struggle to sit down and pay close attention to audio tracks which are linked to my drawings, as I usually like to have music playing in the background, so sitting in silence was a hard task.

I am proud of how the lip sync turned out, however on my player it seems to be slightly out of sync, even though on the after effects file it matches up perfectly.


This was the dope sheet I made for the lip sync task, regardless of my messy writing it made sense to me and allowed me to match up the lips to the sound with ease, although I feel as though I would have been better off doing the task by ear. The time remapping tool on after effects was used on this task, and I feel like there was a lot of wasted time in that. I feel like doing it by ear would have saved a lot of time without a lot of effort to map out the lips to the time as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment