Sunday 14 January 2018

Shot 2 - The Run Cycle

This week I was to start animating, with my first shot being one of the first ones I pitched to the rest of the team when we first sat down together. This was to be the 2nd shot of the animation, which also happened to be a run cycle. Before this week I had never done a run cycle so this was a new and challenging experience for me.

I started by blocking out in adobe animate rather than Photoshop purely due to how my computer runs program. It is much easier for me to block out in animate then move to Photoshop to do the line work.




This was the first attempt at a run cycle using Richard Williams as a reference. However after getting feedback I thought I could add some more bounce to him. 




The second attempt had a lot more bounce but was not too dissimilar to the original. I then began the line work. Because of the way my computer runs Photoshop I make a few different renders whilst I am working so I can be sure of the movement and secondary animation. 

Here are my render tests during this animation. 







And here is the final 2 versions, one is the run cycle and one has the added lantern into it. 












No comments:

Post a Comment